The Mission of ADCNC is…
To reduce human suffering and the economic cost of alcoholism and other drug addiction. We advocate for prevention, early interventions and treatment that includes a system of care.
We believe the Recovery is…
A process of change through which individuals work to improve their own health and well-being, live a self-directed life and strive to achieve their full potential
-Substance Abuse, Mental Health Services Administration, August 2011
We advocate for these ideas…
- Prevention Works, Treatment is Effective, People Recover.
- Addiction must be treated as a chronic relapsing disease – like asthma or diabetes.
- Treatment should include an evidence-based continuum of care delivered by trained addiction professionals.
- Services must be accessible and affordable for everyone regardless of race, culture, religion or ability to pay.
- Treatment and aftercare are especially important for individuals in the criminal justices system as addressing their addiction is key people changing their lives.