- “11 Facts About Alcohol Abuse” — https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-alcohol-abuse
- “Get the Facts on Alcohol Abuse” — http://drugabuse.com/library/get-the-facts-on-alcohol-abuse/
In the News:
- “Scientists Developing Laser that can Detect Alchol in Cars” — http://www.thefix.com/content/scientists-developing-laser-can-detect-alcohol-cars
- “8 Takeaway Lessons from Quitting Drinking” — http://www.thefix.com/content/things-i%E2%80%99ve-learned-conquering-my-drinking-habit-0
Alcohol and Pregnancy:
- The North Carolina Fetal Alcohol Prevention Program and MotherToBabyNC was created to address the concerns surrounding Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASDs) and to focus its outreach education on the dangers of alcohol use during pregnancy. The program strives to decrease North Carolina’s incidence of preventable birth defects and developmental disabilities by providing education to pregnant women, women of child-bearing age, their significant others, and the professionals who work with them, as well as to support them with referral sources about early intervention.
- For more information, visit: http://fasdinnc.org/